Sample scene with multilevel material
hierarchy (Screenshot Beta08)
NodeJoe provides a clearly arranged graphical interface to create, analyse or modify materials and textures within 3dsmax™.
* NodeJoe is intuitive and requires a minimal training period to create complex materials with NodeJoe - without ever loosing the general idea of your material.
* The user interface of NodeJoe is very similar to 3dsmax™ to allow you to get started immediately! Keyboard shortcuts within NodeJoe are fully customizable via the 3dsmax™ "adjustment command promt" , allowing every user to define his own.
NodeJoe is suitable for beginners and professionals at the same time:
* Beginners are offered an easy introduction to the usage of materials within 3dsmax™ due to the clearly visible hierarchical structure.
* Professionals will save time through the quick navigation and the direct access to the complete hierarchy and appreciate the permanent overview of all materials .
* The complete tree of materials is zoomable and draggable - allowing you to continously navigate between a distant overview and a specific material.
* The integrated automatic layout provides an overview of a complete tree of materials within seconds.
material tree from the file 'Rabbit.max'
(sample provided by 3dsmax™) with
option 'unused Slots' switched on
NodeJoe can get all materials of the scene for you. This results, in combination with the automatic layout-function, in a complete structured and well shaped graph of all materials. You get an immediate overview, regardless of who has worked with the materials of the scene before you.
* All Nodes in the material tree of NodeJoe can be individually switched between a small and a big preview. Thus you can get a closer look at those parts that interest you without wasting space with less interesting aspects.
* Unused material slots can be folded together to get a more clear view of your materials.
* NodeJoe automatically supports any material that is compatible with 3dsmax™, thus all available third-party material-plugins will work.
* The integration into the material framework of 3dsmax™ is done seemlessly - changes in NodeJoe are transferred directly to 3dsmax™ and vice versa. This provides a synchronous workflow between the extisting internal 3dsmax™ material editor and NodeJoe.
* Using drag'n'drop to exchange materials and textures between NodeJoe and the 3dsmax™ internal material editor, viewports, etc. is possible.
* NodeJoe integrates the original parameters dialog of 3dsmax™ as well as its own internal material pool, so you can perform all operations directly inside NodeJoe - without the need to switch.
Additional windows are dockable
The additional windows are dockable as you want. You can easily customize NodeJoe to your needs - even if you are using multiple screens.
* Materials and their layout are saved inside the 3dsmax™ file - even if they are not inside the material editor or used by another scene object.
* Files made with NodeJoe can also be opened in versions of 3dsmax™ without NodeJoe - however materials that are not part of the material-editor nor on the scene are not visible.
* NodeJoe has no limitation concerning the number of managed materials.
* NodeJoe updates the concerning material previews automaticaly on all parameter changes, regardless whether these changes made in NodeJoe or the 3dsmax™ internal material editor.
* NodeJoe exists as a 32bit version for 3dsmax™ 6, 7, 8 and 9 as well as a 64bit version for 3dsmax™ 9. Saved files are compatible between 32bit and 64bit versions, in so far as they can be opened with 3dsmax™ at all.
* NodeJoe is implemented as an efficient native 32bit and 64bit respectively C++ 3dsmax™ plugin, no fancy script, thus it is fast and resource efficient.