تقليص
X

• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• My 3D Self portrait in Maya & Zbrush...WIP

• Have a problem with the arabic on my keyboard so u guies will have to bear with me for a while till i fix the problem in the meantime 4 those who have trouble with english i apologize in advance for the inconvenienc.this is my first time and i was told that if i want to show my work i should post here...so here goes..
    • This is my attempt in creating myself in maya...then exporting my base mesh into Zbrush....Basically it's an integration between the two programs Zbrush N Maya...Textures were painted In photoshop...Seams were fixed in Zbrush & photoshop....I'll be showing my steps in this WIP from start to finish ...critiq is very much welcome and guies i understand arabic..so don't worry
    • For starters i'll show u the 1st steps in building my model...my anatomical cage...this little techniq i've learned of course..insures that there is anatomical flow in my topology..by building polygnal stripes that correspond with the muscle flow of the face..i'm starting very rough ofcourse cause later in zbrush i won't rely much on my image planes.... i prefer that approch much better cause it's like traditional sculpting.....SO I used a Mirror...refrence taken from a photograph often has distortion in it.......so if u take a photo u'll find out that ur nose is alot bigger then it is in reality...that's why i used the mirror...here r my screen shots in maya n my model nd what it looked like after finishing the rough modeling stage
    • As u can see pretty rough..but i'm not concerned with accuracy at this stage just the anatomical flow of the topology

so far so good
    waiting for new update
    ------------------------

تعليق

Sculpting my rough base mesh in Zbrush
      • Now i've exported the rough base mesh into Zbrush, i didn't concern my self with The UV's at this stage 'cause i always knew i could lay e'm out later...
      • So i subdevided my mesh a couple of times n started to sculpt my way adding subtle hints of anatomy on my Lowest subdivision model n going up when i needed more details.
      • Here is the modiel in zbrush b4 sculpting n after adding a few sculpting to it...stiill in the rough

تعليق

Developments in Zbrush

Coming right up eyad
        Anyway...now i'll be showing u guies the sculpt in it's middle stages..and it's development in zbrush..

تعليق

i have some....no but more question
          (1) when you add your picture as a background are you add it in front view or other to get the best result? ,where i think you must take your image from many angles; side , front, right,left,all and add in your plan and start work.

(2)are you start work by adding curve's point?

(3) when you export your work to Zbrush program?, in any stage?

(4) why didnot complete your work with maya? another form to my question, what can Zbrush do but maya didnot?

sorry to my long questioner, i want to learn from you.
          best grades,

تعليق

ماشاء الله

شغل نظيف وحلو

واصل
            ¨°o.O (قد يختفي الأمل...لكن لا يموت) O.o°¨

شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

تعليق

Zbrush model b4 n after fixing the ear..& everything else...in all it's views
              1. Now this is the semifinal stage..when ithe model looks like me n actually anatomically correct..this is b4 texturing...now my computer can't handle more then 6 milyon polys n what it does it freezes so that was a problem for me in sculpting texures in zbrush...so i had to rely on photoshop for texturing...that means making sur i make a good Uv map 4 my Zbrushed model...now in some of the stages i also had to make sure the eye fits well in my model so i had to reexport it back to maya in it's lowest subdevision ofcourse And fix the eyes then reexport it back to zbrush....course when i layed out my UVs i had to flip'em when i exported to Zbrush...anyway sence i've just spoted a few questions here i'll attach the pictures n then answer u guies

Aman

well yeah u should use all the image planes from alot of angles i agree gives u a gr8 idea of the form but u use 'em as a way to understand the form of ur model as well as modiling from 'em...now as for the image planes well for me i use the front nd side view if i had other views i would use but usually sence i go for understanding 2 image planes r enough 4 me for a rough start...

Number 2: i don't use curves just the plain old creat poly tool then alot of extruding somtimes i use curves to extrude along them...speeds the process n workflow in modeling.

Num 3: I export my work to Zbrush right after i'm done modeling my rough in maya

Num 4: well it's a personal prefrence of mine not really what maya can't n can do..but 4 me Zbrush is more intutive...like using clay n reshaping it..there is the sculpt geometry tool in maya that does a gr8 job too..but in Zbrush it's alot faster n smoother Maya tends to hang on me when i get to raise my poly count n sculpt..but not like zbrush..at least that is true 4 my computer

Don't apologize man we're all here to learn from each other ya rayess

التعديل الأخير تم بواسطة M Sida; 30 / 11 / 2008, 06:20 PM.

تعليق

Malik el 7oreya....Shokran soon i'll post more

تعليق

i have a small notice at the ears ..it looks little unnatural
                  ------------------------

تعليق

shukran y eyad gednn yes the grey ones r unatural at some point i was a little hasty so i started texturing b4 i fixed 'em...i fixe'em up in the later images..of my sculpt..n still i'll be addin asymetry to them too but that i didn't do yet.....

تعليق

Problems i ran into on the way

yeah it's pretty much pictures of problems in the eyes ears the overall shape of the head the uv maping..the stretches in the uv maping n fixing them...usually when i find out that my UV's r screwed up i Lay'em out all over again...tidious yeah i know but works for me and good practice

تعليق

ممتاز جدا
                        كيب قوينغ
                        اي حاجة في المايا تجدها لدى اوتوديسك

تعليق

اها

نسيت اقول بالتوفيق يا اخي
                          اي حاجة في المايا تجدها لدى اوتوديسك

تعليق

Texturing taking pictures n getting rid of specularity, highlights, shadows
                            • picking pictures of urself to use 4 texturing is very imortant..it's also a hell of a job on it's own to get rid of the things i mentioned earlier to get a clean texture to use as a difuse , bump, epidermal ,subdermal & specular maps...nd sence i needed these maps for the sss fast skin shader in maya {that i didn't actually at the time design yet}
                            • Anyway, i'll show u guies my texture the pictures i took it from n the rest of it on my model previewed in Zbrush .

تعليق

Ullah Yekremak Y akhy....Shokran

تعليق

يعمل...
                              X