Volunteers Wanted!July 18, 2008
My friends at Flight Ontario, a freeware scenery design group based in you-can-guess-which-Province in Canada, are working on a project I'm personally very excited about: they're going to be doing scenery add-ons that recreate all of the World War II training bases in Canada that were part of the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP).
The BCATP was the largest aviation training program in history, graduating more than 167,000 aircrew from countries all over the world, including the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, and the United States, to name a few. Pilots were trained largely in Canadian-built DH-82C Tiger Moths, which is where my interest truly began. (Click the picture of the Moth at right to see why.)
Anyway, the Flight Ontario team needs help, and I'm more than happy to pass along their request. These bases, as you'd expect, were covered with row after row of airplanes - Moths, Finches, Cranes, Ansons, etc. To get the scenery just right, then, they'll need as many of these different types of aircraft as possible modeled as low-poly static scenery objects, and, hopefully, some models that can be used for AI. They don't have an aircraft modeler on staff, however, so they're looking for volunteers.
Are you an experienced Flight Simulator aircraft modeler that can help?
If so, drop my friend Al a line at: agay@flightontario.com.
Tell him I sent you ... and thanks in advance!