1. Get two pictures. One background, and one of the thing you would like add on the background. I picked out this apple:
And this mouth:
2. First I start rendering my mouth with the pentool. U can use whatever tool you are used to. Make sure your selection is not to big!
This is mine:
Lovely ain't it!
3. Resize! Because its waaay to big. Use Ctrl+T to resize. I got this:
5. Ok, an apple isnt flat, is it? No, so the mouth shouldn't be either.
Filter > Liquify
Just click a couple times with your Pucker Tool (S) on the left and right of the mouth. So it gets a little smaller. My mouth:
6. As you can see the right side of the apple is darker then the left side of the apple. Lets make the mouth the same! Get out your Lasso Tool and rougly select the right side of the mouth. (Just end your select before the big front teeth).
Select > Feather . 25 pixels.
Then go to Image > Adjustments > Brigntness/contrast
NOTE: Make sure your still on the mouth layer!
And use these settings:
Do the same for left side, but make it lighter.
Use these settings for the left side:
This is my outcome:
7. Seperate the teeth from the lips! We do this because only want to give the lips a apple colour. Get out your pentool or any other tool you use for selecting and make a selection from inside the lips:
8. Hit Ctrl + C and then Ctrl + V to copy and paste.
Now you have a new layer with teeth only! But we need lips only too... So select the teeth layer again and go to Select > Modify > Contract with 1 pixel. Now hit delete ON THE LIPS LAYER
. We did this last so we dont get a white line between the teeth and the lips.
Nothing happened he? But in the layers something did happen:
9. Now make teeth layer un-visible. (click on the eye icon in front of the layer). Grab your select tool and select a piece of apple slightly bigger than the lips. Like this:
Copy and paste that piece off apple in a new layer.
10. Go to the Lips Layer again and hit Ctrl + H and set the saturation to -100. The lips lost their colors! Now go to Image > Adjusments > Color Balance and use these settings:
Shadows: 0 +35 -55
Midtones: 0 +41 -57
Highlights: 0 0 0
11. As you can see the top lip looks pretty good. But the bottom one is to light, this is because in the mouth picture the sun came from above... We need to make em darker. Select em roughly with your select tool and go to Select > Feather and use 10 pixels. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON YOUR LIPS LAYER
Now go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast
I got this now:
12. Select your piece of apple we and go to Select > Feather. Then Select > Inverse and go to lips layer. Hit delete 2 or 3 times. nice edges he
Looks pretty smooth. But i'm sattisfied yet.
13. Put your apple piece layer above your lips layer. And use layer mode Color.
NOTE: Color is a very good mode for this. If you are not making an apple like me, still use this mode.
Don't the lips look apple-ish??! I got this:
14. It stil looks a little plain tho. So im going to add some shadow and highlights..
Get your select tool and select an area like I did:
Then click on your bottom layer. The apple. Go to Select > Feather and use 20 pixel. Now go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/contrast, and use these settings:
I got this now:
15. Highlights now! Select an area like this:
And use a 15 pixel feather. The go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/contrast, and use these settings:
And youre done! My outcome: