تقليص
X

• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• Is Maya 8.5 multi-threaded ?

Hi, I have Pentium D 2.8 Dual Core. Just few days ago I started using task manager to monitor the system resources during my work in Maya 8.5
    Apparently and for some weird reasons Maya only consumes 50% of my CPU most of the time during Start-up, Play blast .. etc
    Rendering is another issue as MR is fully multi threaded application. But why does Maya only uses 50% of the CPU. Is it single threaded or multi-threaded ?

This link could help
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...112&id=7635770
    إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون

تعليق

Thanks Particle but they mentioned multi-threading only in rendering which is just like I mentioned before. But how come Maya doesn't support multi-threading ? It is a waste of so much processing power compared with the optimization Alias trying to make in several modules That's unexpected.

تعليق

Maybe they want it to be a good feature so that you can open many applications like photoshop + maya + video editing ...whatever in the same time
        إنا لله وإنا إليه راجعون

تعليق

السلام عليكم ورحمه الله وبركاته
          كيف حالك يا دختور
          انا مش عارف اشكرك ازاي علي الايميل بتاعك وعلي اهتمامك
          بجد ربنا يبارك فيك ....انا احترم جدا نوعيتك التي تساعد من حولها حتي بدون سابق معرفه
          المهم انا كنت عايز اقول لماذا لا تراسل اوتو ديسك وتسألها علي هذا الموضوع لانه بالفعل غريب وغير مقبول او حتي منطقي
          هل فكرت في هذا الاقتراح
          مدخلك الي مايا موضوعي القديم
          The Power Of Maya موضوعي الجديد

Mohamed Ragheb محمد راغب

تعليق

أظن أني قرأت سابقا أنه Maya 8 سيكون كذلك لكن يبدو أنهم نسوا الأمر.
            3DReel2005

تعليق

Windows should be responsible for the multi-threading if the application supports it. So if you run several application and they all utilizes one core then the other core will still not be used.
              I thought of sending an email to Alias but I sent them one several years ago and unless your are using certified hardware (Quadro or FireGL) they will tell you you don't meet the requirement. But I guess this one has nothing to do with gfx cards. I will send file a report and see.
              I will post my findings here.

تعليق

A note for all mutli-core/thread/cpu users:
                no way you can reach 100% of the two processors in task manager for a reason, both CPUs or both cores dont work the same time and multi threading technology is a way to devide data process (threads) among cores .
                I have Dual Xeon System now, on its limit when rendering using maya 6 the two CPUs work fine and faster than if i removed on of them
                نجار جيد بيده مطرقة سيئة أفضل بكثير من نجار سيء معه أفضل مطرقة في العالم...

تعليق

You cannot reach 100% but you can reach 99% if that's what you mean by not reaching 100%. However there is a difference between this and what I am experiencing with Maya. It uses 50% divided on two cores instead of 99% hence it sounds to me like single core operation.
                  When you render with MR, fR, Maxwell you should see the following
                  here is Maxwell render eating up all my dual core cpu power

Of course two cores are much faster than single core. I tried to contact Alias technical support but it seems that they only provide this for silver members

تعليق

يعمل...
                  X