تقليص
X

• تصفية - فلترة
  • الوقت
  • عرض
إلغاء تحديد الكل
مشاركات جديدة

• inkharab bayti :(

im new in 3dmax w sawet perspective akhad ma3e 5 days w fdilet 7ott files bi2albo ladarajeh inno 7asset ra7 ybejj :S wassal il size la 182 mb w kint ra7 khallis bass faj2a 3ataneh error w sakkar w lamma jit baddeh ifta7 il file again 3ataneh file open failed fi 7all ?? mitil recover or somthing ?? plz se3douneh

When you're working on Large Files, Incremental Saving should be Activated, as in 01.max 02.max 03.max and such, my guess you've been writing over the same file again and again, and it's damaged.
    Your bid is to go your Project folder - if you don't know what a Project folder is, go to your documents- look for 3dsmax\Autoback the last modified version of the file would reside there you might lose some progress though.
    182 MB is Titanic by the way,in a review of Max 2008 Autodesk brags being able to load a 138 MB poly, I wish you could shed some light on what kind of file is it, cause you gonna have a bigger problem at rendertime me thinks.
    P.S: make sure to COPY the Autoback.max, before opening it, so it wouldn't get overwritten.
    Another way is to merge the file, But I don't recommend it.
    ~sion
    هل انت عاطفي وتستهبل ولديك مشاكل نفسية و و تعتقد دائماَ انك على حق ومستعد لاستخدام منصبك كمشرف للكيل من الاعضاء كما تريد دون احترام او موضوعية؟ نحن في طاقم الاشراف في المنابر (منبر الرأي و الكيل الآخر بمكيالين) نرحب بك معنا.

تعليق

i have also a problem with autoback it didn't save anything the autoback folder is empty
      ma fi wala 7all teneh ??:'(

تعليق

The only reason Max wouldn't autoback, is that you tell him not to, if you didn't, check your PROJECT folder\Autoback.
        The other method is to open a new scene in Max, and from File menu choose Merge, I don't recommend it though.
        Also check out if you have a problem with HD space.
        ~sion
        هل انت عاطفي وتستهبل ولديك مشاكل نفسية و و تعتقد دائماَ انك على حق ومستعد لاستخدام منصبك كمشرف للكيل من الاعضاء كما تريد دون احترام او موضوعية؟ نحن في طاقم الاشراف في المنابر (منبر الرأي و الكيل الآخر بمكيالين) نرحب بك معنا.

تعليق

the backup box is checked and i already tried the merge but it didn't work
          i have 37.5gb free space in my HD
          i heard that there's a program recovery for such problem any idea about it ?

تعليق

Load Max.
            There will be a path in the very upper left corner, starting with Project Folder trace the path and check the Autoback files, I know this is becoming a drag, but I'm not fully convinced that your backup files disappeared.
            I know of programs that restore deleted generic files, but to restore the integrity of a Max file, I think only Max can do it, and I'm sorry I don't know of such a tool in Max.
            ~sion

تعليق

to be Exactly sure type this code in the pink box in the lower left corner:
              كود:
              getDir #autoback

تعليق

thnx for ur help
                but still didn't get my backup file maybe cuz i have the vista im getting those problems and the max is 8 i heard that
                anyway thnxxxxxxxxxxx for helping u're a great person

تعليق

My pleasure, but I'm not that great if we don't solve the problem, Am I?
                  Me on Vista, Max 8 is loaded, Max 8 keeps Autobacks in his installation Folder, there is no Project Folder for 8 that is 9 and above.
                  so, you can check your installation directory for Autobacks, could be tricky on Vista.
                  in any case, load Max, press F11 an editor would Appear, Copy the folllowing code and press Shift+Enter at the End of each line:
                  كود:
                  a = getDir #autoback
                  b = a+"\Autobak1.max"
                  loadMaxfile b
                  this will force max to load the file Autobak1.max, from the Autoback folder wherever it is, try to replace Autobak1.max with Autobak2.max or Autobakj.max where j stands for the Maximum number of backings specified in Max.
                  if this code returns undefined, you have no Backup files, then Hard luck, my advise from someone who lost a 253 MB file before, is to use Incremental file saves, it saves lives.
                  Cheers.
                  ~sion

تعليق

it didn't work also
                    i will draw everything from the begining but i have one more question (3am 3azzbak ma3eh) how can i put everything i want without having that huge size ?? is there anything i can do to reduce the size ??
                    thnx again

تعليق

there are a lot of things you can do to organize things up neatly, hopefully I'll write some of the optimization I use later today, they need a cigarette and a cup of coffee, I'm sorry gotta check out.
                      P.S: try to run that code again, line by line, and tell me what kind of an error max generates:
                      undefined?
                      unable to do something?
                      Out.
                      ~sion

تعليق

Here's a Print of how things should roll:

~sion

تعليق

this didn't work also
                          plz can you tell me what's the better way to reduce the size of the file ??? inno how can i have a smaller file with such details cuz i can't remove any of them thnxxxxxxxxx

تعليق

Well, there are theory, practice and a small tip.
                            The theory goes that if you can simplify something in your scene, do simlify it, if you have a forest background, there is no point to import\merge a 3d one in the scene, when you can comp it againt an image or an image plane would do the job, same applies for complex models such as people or cars, they can be replaced with 2d stand-ins, manually or by using a plug-in such as RPC, it is also a good practice to keep everything on seperate layers, and to turn off the layers you don't use, until rendertime.
                            The practice goes, that a circle constructed in Autocad, imported to max, would need about 12 up to a 1000 points to be smooth [dependent on the skill and experience of the draftsman, I had dwg contours for a simple house site who had 42000 vetex, well that is just lame], so when importing from Autocad try:
                            - it is very easy to import something from autocad and turn on renderable for splines [Lazy], but more spline vertex = more 3d faces, as said a 256 vertex circle would generate a 256*8*32= 65536 polygons donut, max donuts are perfectly smooth with 512, difference?
                            - do not hide splines you don't need, delete it, do not use Autocad splines, draw over them with Max splines, always check your mesh for invisible edges when imported.
                            In general imported geometry from other apps tend to be heavy in Max, [Sketchup and Archicad for instance], try not to use it, simply reference it and re-model them in max, and then delete them.
                            Sometimes however you might not have that much control, or time, there are some tools in max, that could help your scene to get smaller.
                            Xref, using proxies for external files, look it up in the manual.[ If you use Vray, it's better to use Vray Proxy, with mental ray, you got MR passes and the beautiful Placeholders and bitmap proxies].
                            Optimize Modifier, Multires Modifier, both -in Different ways- scan geometries for possible cleanups, in other words to delete parts from it that would not affect it's overall appearance drastically, for example a tree or a human can go from 20.000 faces to 5.000 with not much visible difference unless he/she was the hero of the movie or something like that.
                            Nevertheless sometimes you are faced with a situation when you have to render a very huge scene, here is an example:

This is a shot I'm working on at the moment, it's not that pretty but everything is 3d, total polycount is 44 Millions [ as you see this is an entire city, files size is 33 MB, I REALLY woulld like to know what are you working on because 182 MB should be 6 times bigger], and my duo-core 4gig, X800 rocket machine, really couldn't render it in one pass I had to break it down to more than 15 passes in order to generate this shot, and still more work needs to be done.
                            Most of the times, Architects new to 3d Max, think it's ok to stuff all CAD libraries-models-splines-import huge stuff from Autocad-Sketchup-use very huge 8K 8K satellite images and show them in the viewport and still expect their file to hold and the best part RENDER, no it's simply not OK, even on the most powerful workstation such a workflow is not great because it's not clean.
                            If you're still awake yet, hopefully this post was of any help for you.
                            P.S: GET MAX 9.

تعليق

i this i had this problem because im using 3d autocad cuz im still very new for the 3d max but i notice that when i import somthin like fabric the file is getting bigger for now my file is 73.7 mb and i didn't use lights and one camera only :S

تعليق

يعمل...
                              X